1. What is a CV?
For a young entrepreneur, a CV can help you to position yourself seriously to people who may not know you personally. Curriculum Vitae (CV), is a Latin phrase which means ‘course of life’, it is a document that highlights your academic, extra-curricular / volunteer, and work experiences. It is common practice to use a CV for job applications and applying for opportunities.
Do a quick Google search of a CV to see examples and guides on how to build one. While different countries tend to have different formats, for this module, we will keep it to the basics.
Where will it be used?
- Communications with potential partners for an introduction
- Often requested in proposal applications
2. Tips On Making Your CV
The following key points should be included in your CV:
- Your contact information
- Your related work experiences
- Your education experience
- Your volunteer experiences
- Your skills, awards and certificates
Keep in mind that it is a formal document.
You can save some time and braincells by utilising the Chill & Fill Template, tips on each of the questions are in the "Resources For The Curious" section below.
3. How To Submit?
- Click on the "Submit" button below and follow the upload form instructions
- English language is preferred for the regional audience, please kindly seek translation assistance from your local UNDP staff if this is a challenge
- Please submit an editable file format
Resources For The Curious :)
This section highlights what you studied, where, and when. For now, we are only asking about your primarily university. If you have attended universities or participated in a semester abroad, you may want to include it later. For now, we are keeping it simple.
What are some things that you are good at doing? After each skill, please put a comma (,) | Ex. photoshop, sales, product development, translation
Awards and certificates
Do you have any special experiences or designations? Some examples include participation in competitions, awards, or special training. After qualification / certificate, please put a comma (,) | Ex. Principal's Mathematics Award, Colombo Young Entrepreneurs Startup Bootcamp, Vietnamese-English Language Translation Certificate